IEP, 504 &

When your child enters Special Education in public school, you'll sign an IEP or Individualized Education Plan. This is a working contract between you and the district outlining the specialization of your child's education. Members on the IEP team will include: YOU!, District, Teachers and Specialists. Each member of the team, INCLUDING YOU, brings expertise to the table in order to discuss the plan, supports, testing, concerns holistically and adjust accordingly.

Under certain circumstances, a 504 Plan may be more appropriate than an IEP. It's very important to understand the difference between an IEP and 504 and how that will affect your child's education. I CAN HELP YOU understand which one will help your child thrive better.

These meetings can be very confusing, written and explained by district personnel in district lingo - often creating an emotional and frustrating environment. But you don't need to do it alone. I can attend with you and help you sort it out and understand as the moves through the documents.